Food and Beverage Manager
Job Summary: Manages and operation of the food and beverage outlets, catering services, and kitchen. Ensures the proper preparation and service of food and beverages to the satisfaction of customers.
- Directs all areas of the Food and Beverage operations.
- Acts as Manager on Duty of Vib Tempe when scheduled.
- Following established policies, coordinates food and supplies acquisition and receiving process.
- Oversees the proper use of food and supplies to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in menu and recipe planning and development if needed.
- Ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of the F&B outlets and kitchen. Prepares for inspection.
- Observes daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant, making recommendations for corrections and improvements as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Completes staff scheduling, allowing for appropriate service levels while controlling labor costs and overtime.
- Leads selection and evaluation of performance of personnel.
- Develops team members through appropriate training, coaching and mentoring to ensure strong operational performance. Motivates team members and promotes empowerment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Food Service Hotel/Restaurant Management preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years food and beverage leadership experience, preferably in the hotel industry.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- Full understanding of licensing responsibilities and health standards. Awareness of statutory requirements applicable to food and beverage service.
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent organization and communication skills and ability to perform a wide variety of tasks during busy, sometimes stressful times.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Pay: from $60,000/hour
Job Status: Full Time