Front Desk Agent
Job Summary: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include receiving and confirming reservations, registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Watches for unusual occurrences via, watching, listening, smelling and use of television monitors and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers’ privacy.
- Maintains a safe public area by cleaning up obstructions and messes as soon as possible.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Application Instructions: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 3120 south Limit Sedalia MO 65301 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.. Contacts are made on Mondays from 1:00-7:00 p.m. for Tuesday afternoon interviews.
Pay: $9.85 to $12.60/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time