Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent - Full Time
As a Front Desk Agent with Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Vancouver, you have the opportunity to provide a welcome experience like no other. Your personalized greeting, care in Guest room selection and knowledge of the hotel will ensure our Guest have a lasting memory of their visit.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Greet, check in and settle guest accounts while ensuring all service standards are followed
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Respond to each Guest who approaches the Reception Desk
- Accurately registers all guests arriving at the hotel in compliance with hotel credit and identification policy.
- Performs credit card verification's; when declined contacts guest for alternative payment arrangements.
- Room block all VIP's, group and special requests. Ensures that the VIP list and room service requisitions are accurate and complete, then distributes.
- Operates the front office computer system, posts all guests charges and payments, incurred during the shift and balance shift totals by department to backup documents.
- Prepares guest keys using key envelopes and/or room slips.
- Ensures all guest registration cards and credit cards are correctly completed and filed by room number.
- Checks all credit cards using point-of-sale authorization terminals and cancellation bulletins and obtains authorization for those accounts which have exceeded house floor limits.
- Maintains cashier float as supplied, provides currency exchange for guests and efficiently prepares cash deposit.
- Reports overages and shortages on a daily basis. Responsible to present and/or return float intact upon request.
- Communicates with housekeeping in order to deal with early check-ins, late check-outs, day rooms, unexpected departures, stayovers and room changes.
- Issues and controls safety deposit boxes to guests in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Mails any delayed guest charge receipts.
- Assists with room reservations and switchboard operation when necessary.
- Works to attain the best occupancy and average daily rate possible, assessing the guests and attempting to upsell.
- Reports to supervisors any guest complaints or security issues.
- Records and enters all wake-up calls and ensures they are given at the correct time to the correct room.
- Reports any equipment malfunction, emergency situations or suspicious persons to the supervisor.
- Handle all guests inquiry or complaints in an efficiently and reports any guest complaints to supervisor immediately if he/she cannot handle it personally.
- Ensures guest satisfaction.
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hotel Front Desk role
- Knowledge PMS system is preferred
- Weekend availability and flexible working hours
- Strong analytical abilities, detail oriented and able to multitask
- High school or college diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office
- Proficient in English (verbal and written), second language an asset
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Available for shift work and weekends.
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Job Types: Part-time / Full Time
Pay: $16.40 to $20.57/hour
Job Status: Full Time