Front Desk Agent
Job Title: Front Desk Agent / Night Auditor
Job Summary: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout, perform routine side duties when normal work floor slower.
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers’ privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other side duties as assigned (cleaning, laundry duties, pool area safety & towel duties, know or learn minimal maintenance functions when maintenance staff not around or available).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience REQUIRED.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures. • Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Ability to use computer to take and thorough understand the required Best Western compliance training through Best Western on-line University.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment (computers, telephones, adding machines, computer software knowledge, use of telecommunication devices for deaf or can learn, can use or learn to use HK pool lift).
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hour stretches if need be) or predominantly on their shift.
- Ability to lift/push/ or pull anywhere from 5-20 lbs while moving some furniture for cleaning, assisting with laundry occasionally, or assisting guests on Handicap Pool Lift device for ADA compliance.
- Can sometimes substitute and set up breakfast in the mornings
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, INCLUDING WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS.
- Have reliable transportation to meet varied work schedule, including overnight shifts.
- Must have or ability to get (or has) a Washington State Health Workers’ Permit
Pay: $14 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time