Front Desk Agent
Primary Objective of Front Desk (Guest Service) Agent Position
To provide prompt, effective, friendly guest service for customers and hotel staff by operating hotel inventory in accordance with the standards of Bartell Hotels
- Provides courteous and efficient service to customers by operating the front desk according to Bartell Hotels standards
- Understands room types and rates
- Proficient in manipulating the hotel room inventory to meet and exceed customer expectations without loss to hotel
- Understands the “10 foot rule”
- Owns a problem when confronted with one
- Handles difficult situations effectively
- Understands the importance of group codes, guest types, and source codes
- Communicates clearly and courteously with other staff members and guests
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of equipment (inc. faxes, phones, etc.)
- Responds to customer questions regarding hotel, in-house facilities, and local events
- Provides courteous, prompt, and accurate inter-hotel communications to staff and customers
- Takes accurate and complete messages
- Correctly places room on priority status with housekeeping
- Communicates with authorized personnel by using Phones, HotSos and/or radios
- Follows established hotel security and safety policies as required
- Prepares reports as requested which may include bucket checks, dupe checks, credit limits, room discrepancies and In-house notes
Other duties may be assigned as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, as well as frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. The employee must also be able to go up and down a flight of stairs while carrying 25 pounds. The employee is sometimes exposed to outside weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
About Bartell Hotels: Bartell Hotels is San Diego's largest independent hotel owner-operator with a sharp focus on employees, customers and community. This diverse collection of properties reflects Southern California's natural beauty, love for active lifestyles and exceptional hospitality. Our hotels combine classic and modern design, farm-to-table restaurants and energized bars, three beautiful marinas and the iconic Humphreys Concerts by the Bay entertainment venue.
Our Culture: At Bartell Hotels you will find a team of incredibly friendly people who are committed to exceeding guest expectations every day. The Bartell Hotels culture emphasizes respect, pride, teamwork and development. When you work at Bartell Hotels, you are encouraged to think entrepreneurially, and you are empowered to perform and show leadership in ways that can help advance your career. We often look within to promote deserving colleagues at all levels. Bartell Hotels embraces colleague diversity, inclusion and equity, and is firmly committed to respecting and appreciating each colleague.
Bartell Hotels is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Front Desk Agent using the link below:
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time