Front Desk Receptionist
We are looking for a Front Desk Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a Front Desk Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Front Desk Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a Front Desk Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus. Ultimately, a Front Desk Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time