Front Office Supervisor
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Manages all duties of the front desk operation, including reservations and guest services. Responsible for staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling.
Maximizes revenue through cost control and proper front desk techniques.
Day to Day Duties:
- Maintain group files
- Maintain CRO inventory
- Check CRO commission reports
- Manage & maintain courtesy calls
- Approval of weekly schedule*
- Organizing/running monthly Front Office meeting*
- Training of new employees*
- Maintaining/improving training of present employees*
- Hiring of new staff*
- Quarterly job reviews of staff*
- Managing e-mail reservations*
- Hires, trains, and disciplines staff. Determines work procedures and prepares work schedules to ensure the smooth operation of the front desk.
- · Empowers front desk staff to successfully handle guest needs, special requests, and complaints. Ensures all guest service issues are resolved prior to guests leaving the property.
- · Trains front desk staff on proper revenue management procedures, including successful selling techniques, current specials and/or promotions, and rate structures.
- · Strives to be innovative in new programs designed to eliminate waste and increase productivity.
- · Performs administrative and financial duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, bank deposits, accounts receivables, rooming lists, and office supply inventory.
- · Manages departmental expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- · Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages all aspects of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
- · High school diploma or equivalent
- · Minimum of two years experience at front desk with complete understanding of front office operations. Previous experience in hospitality management preferred.
- · Superior customer service and public relations skills.
- · Excellent organization and time management skills.· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers.
- · Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and (Visual Matrix) property management systems.
- · Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Pay: $11 to $13/hour
Job Status: Full Time