The Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel is looking for an experienced General Manager to join and lead an exceptional team of hospitality-minded professionals! The General Manager is responsible for the overall management and operation of the hotel, including revenue generation, profitability, and staff development, while maintaining the quality, integrity, team atmosphere, guest experience, and cleanliness of the property.
Come be part of our beautifully appointed 90 room boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, featuring an award winning Mediterranean design, two bars, a terrace grill, and full hot breakfast. The Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel has received acclaim from its loyal customers and the local hotel community due to its exceptional service, quality, and high standards, and is recognized as one of the leading hotels within the Best Western brand with all the attributes of a Premier level Best Western.
- Lead the Executive and Management team effectively and develop strategic initiatives to address problems and opportunities as they arise in order to best serve the financial interests of the property.
- Act as the primary ambassador for the Hotel by maintaining a positive and professional approach with high visibility throughout the property and the community.
- Direct and mentor staff to deliver exceptional guest service and foster an environment for employees to be engaged, feel valued, and ultimately deliver successful performance.
- Interact with guests and on a frequent basis to obtain feedback and utilize this information to recognize excellent team member service performance and improve service delivery.
- Support the revenue strategy for the hotel by being knowledgeable of the brand positioning in local market, preparing demand forecasting, identifying ways to grow market share by researching and staying aware of competitor strategies, and establishing sound revenue practices to maximize yield.
- Assist in the company budget and forecasting process as required and ensure that all department heads maintain cost expenditures, productivity levels, and Company standard accounting procedures. Prepare monthly performance reports.
- Establish goals for performance that coincide with plans and vision for the hotel.
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on top accounts and meeting with clients on an ongoing basis.
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, and empower employees to deliver exceptional service. Ensure regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff and perform disciplinary and termination actions when necessary.
- Complete required corporate training modules and coordinate/monitor the development and completion of associate training to ensure property compliance with legal, safety, operations, labor, brand and service standards.
- Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Communicate regularly with staff regarding job assignments and required time-frame for proper workflow.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled and during peak times greet guests and offer any additional assistance as needed.
- Inspect rooms weekly with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer, and ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through preventative maintenance programs and ongoing inspections.
- Assure that written lists are developed of corrective actions required for implementation by housekeeping, maintenance, and operating departments.
- Maintain active involvement with the local community and build strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and guests.
- Meet with vendors and contractors to learn about new products and services offered.
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel management or supervisory experience in Rooms and Food & Beverage, including a branded hotel environment; 4-year college degree in hotel management preferred or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication with the ability to multitask and convey information and ideas clearly.
- Proven leadership experience in a hotel setting and a professional image with an ability to lead by example to instill a guest service and team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with an ability to maintain composure and objectivity under pressure and effectively handle challenging situations by anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving issues as arise.
- Knowledge of hospitality software and MS Office required with the ability to maintain Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
The Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time