Hotel Maintenance Engineer
Title: Hotel Maintenance Engineer / Houseman
Reports To: General Manager
JOB TITLE: Hotel Maintenance Engineer / Houseman
Responsible for common areas, meeting spaces, breakfast room, fitness center, pool area, and hotel guestroom preventative maintenance and assists in the repairs and maintenance of hotel equipment including mechanical equipment such as pumps and motors.
1. Respond to guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner
2. Respond or perform duties of a groundskeeper
3. Complete work order requests in a timely manner
4. Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition
5. Inspect public areas daily for any issues
6. After-hours on-call availability if an issue arises, available weekends
7. Providing maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas, and administrative offices
8. Repairs may include plumbing, kitchen, mechanical, laundry, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door, and window repairs
9. Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School diploma in technical or minimum from technical senior high school with a minimum of two years of experience in a similar position. AHLA Educational Institute Certification would be a plus.
Minimum of one-year working as a hotel maintenance/houseman or other building maintenance
Housekeeping Experience: Must know how to clean a room when required or be willing to learn this task.
Language: Must be able to understand English and speak minimum English, writing in English or other languages that are an advantage.
? Able to stand and move for up to 8 hours per shift.
? Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
? Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
DRESS CODE: Professional appearance with uniform provided, including name tag is required at all times.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: $12 to $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time