[ HOTEL ] Operations / Front Desk Manager
$36,000 - $60,000 : Salary varies depending on position
Please EMAIL Resumes to SureStayPlus.GoldBeach@gmail.com
Job Summary: Oversees all aspects of the hotel operations, including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, teambuilding, and staff development. Responsible for all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, and budgeting/forecasting. Empowers associates to provide superior customer care to guests, associates, and other visitors. Manages all duties of the front desk operation, including reservations and guest services. Responsible for staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. Maximizes revenue through cost control and proper front desk techniques.
· Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals.
· Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
· Empowers front desk staff to successfully handle guest needs, special requests, and complaints. Ensures all guest service issues are resolved prior to guests leaving the property.
· Trains front desk staff on proper revenue management procedures, including successful selling techniques, current specials and/or promotions, and rate structures.
· Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the hotel's annual budget and long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
· Creates new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
· Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other
financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
· Prepares monthly reports for owners.
· Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff. Coordinates internal training and development programs.
· Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
· Strong leadership and a professional image.
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of five years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
· Strives to be innovative in new programs designed to eliminate waste and increase productivity.
· Performs administrative and financial duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, bank deposits, accounts receivables, rooming lists, and office supply inventory.
· Manages departmental expenses within budgeted guidelines.
Pay: $36,000 to $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time