Job Title: Housekeeper/Room Attendant
Job Summary: Cleans and prepares guest rooms by meeting established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction.
Job Duties: • Maintains the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
• Sets up cleaning cart with supplies.
• Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
• Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilets and stall walls. Wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms. • Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest, or is soiled or torn, to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
• Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
• Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings.
• Strips bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
• Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies (e.g., hangers, extra blankets, extra pillows). • Vacuums rooms, public areas, and hallways.
• Inspects door and window locks to ensure they are in working order.
• Checks lights and remotes to ensure all are in working order.
Qualifications: • Basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products, and operation of standard cleaning equipment. • Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, bending, and stooping to perform cleaning tasks. • Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighting up to 100 lbs. • Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. • Ability to communicate effectively with Housekeeping Supervisor.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time