Please Send All Resumes to GeneralManager@BWPlacerville.com
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Job Summary: Directs and implements maintenance programs aimed at maintaining a zero defect environment for guests. Inspects, maintains, and repairs all mechanical, electrical, and other equipment used by the guests or affecting the quality of their experience while visiting the property.
Job Duties: • Creates a safe and attractive environment for guests and associates by ensuring the hotel is maintained in accordance with safety standards.
- Completes hotel room and building repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, and painting. Performs repairs on toilets, sinks, laundry facilities, kitchen and other hotel property.
- Develops plans for completing routine and preventative maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the hotel, grounds, pool and exercise room.
- Prepares engineering budget. Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Ensures hotel adheres to all regulatory and safety standards by meeting with government and insurance inspectors and taking correction action as needed.
- Keeps all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: • High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of hotel or apartment experience.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing maintenance.
- Experience with general maintenance tools.
- Troubleshooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, and carpentry.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Pay: $18 to $21/hour
Job Status: Full Time