Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent
Job Summary of Hotel Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout. May also include audits, balances, and reports on the various areas of the hotel to provide accurate and timely financial information on the hotel’s operational performance for the day.
**To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Duties of Hotel Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent:
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers’ privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records.
- Start breakfast
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications of Hotel Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures. Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to operate front office equipment and computers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Pay: $13.69 to $14/hour
Job Status: Part Time