P/T Banquets Houseman
The Thousand Oaks Inn, a Best Western Plus hotel, is looking for qualified candidates to assist our banquets team with setting up meeting spaces. The position is part-time in the mornings and evenings, a perfect second job to work around your primary job or school schedule. For those who are looking for additional hours, there may be additional opportunities in banquet service, hotel operations and customer care. We are community-oriented and believe that the success of our community in Thousand Oaks and the Conejo Valley will lead to success for us, local businesses, and all our neighbors. Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring family (our "Ohana") at the Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends to the Conejo Valley, because we take care of family, wherever we find them.
Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring staff at the Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends & our Ohana to the Conejo Valley!
This is a great position for someone who loves to welcome and meet people from all over the country and World, visiting us here in the Conejo Valley.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Front Desk and request a job application.
Address: 75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
The BANQUETS HOUSEMAN is responsible for performing duties to ensure clean and sanitary meeting and banquet rooms and all areas of banquet space by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Setup banquets and meeting rooms as requested and contracted with guests.*
- Washes windows in front building, inside and outside, including Library and doors.*
- Daily vacuums banquet & meeting rooms, pre-function area, restaurant, and Library.*
- Keeps Library clean.*
- Picks up trash around Banquets and Restaurant.*
- Takes items to guests as requested by guests and restaurant/banquets personnel*
- Cleans banquets and meeting rooms as necessary.*
- Mops vacant room floors and cleans mops after use.*
- Mops public restroom floors daily and cleans mop after use.*
- Dusts all counter tops, tables, and furniture as needed.*
- Reports and assists or coordinates repair of any broken items, including tables, chairs, and fixtures.*
- Reports and assists in replacing any light bulbs.*
- Ensures all unnecessary lights and HVAC systems are turned off.*
- Helps guest with loading and unloading of equipment as requested.
- Helps out in Banquets and Restaurant when requested.
- Performs other jobs as required by Banquets Manager or General Manager.
- Knowledge of hotel
- Quick learner
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under stress
- Attention to detail
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Part Time