P/T Breakfast Attendant w/ cross-training & full-time opportunities
The Thousand Oaks Inn, a Best Western Plus hotel, is looking for qualified candidates to assist our caterer in serving breakfast to our hotel guests. The position is part-time in the mornings, but for those who are looking for additional hours, there may be additional opportunities in banquet service, hotel operations and customer care. We are community-oriented and believe that the success of our community in Thousand Oaks and the Conejo Valley will lead to success for us, local businesses, and all our neighbors. Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring family (our "Ohana") at the Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends to the Conejo Valley, because we take care of family, wherever we find them.
Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring staff at the Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends & our Ohana to the Conejo Valley!
This is a great position for someone who loves to welcome and meet people from all over the country and World, visiting us here in the Conejo Valley.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com or stop by the Front Desk and request a job application.
Address: 75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
The BREAKFAST ATTENDANT is responsible for serving our catered breakfast buffet to patrons by performing the following duties..
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets and seats customers in a courteous and timely manner as they enter the restaurant and/or communicates delays in seating and starts a waiting list.*
- Accommodates special needs of customers and communicates any needs to appropriate staff.*
- Prepare dining room and buffet stations for breakfast service.*
- Prepare all menu items to be served at the buffet stations.*
- Completes all assigned opening and closing sidework to prepare dining room, kitchen and service stations for efficient operation during meal periods.*
- Answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and service.*
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.*
- Cleans, organizes and maintains all stations and all services areas prior to, during and after meal time rush.*
- Applies knowledge of full menu and other information such as breakfast hours, hotel information, and local attractions and information.*
- Turns in all breakfast vouchers at the end of each shift.*
- Understands and complies with health/sanitation standards.*
- Communicates all concerns to management including issues with health, sanitation, staff, inventory and guests.
- Cross-serves and/or assists team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as directed by Banquet Manager or General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Ability to maintain composure under pressure
Ability to work alone
Ability to work as a team member
Ability to work varied hours
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to take direction
Ability to make decisions
Excellent telephone skills
Ability to work under stress
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending, and travel discounts
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time