Currently interviewing for a newly renovated Best Western located in Downers Grove
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com
Generates revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations. Work closely with the General Manager and Corporate Sales Team to assist in developing an effective sales plan and working in tandem with the Brand’s sales initiatives. Executes sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage toward established sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed sales revenue goals through sales actions, initiatives and Brand expectations
- Respond promptly to all inquiries, lead referrals, and existing clients; resulting in documentation of all communication by the end of the workday, no later than 24 hours
- Meet individual weekly goals in prospecting, outside sales calls and site visits
- Utilize sales skills, effectively negotiating prices and closing contracts with established and new accounts
- Professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers, by paying full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Attention to detail is imperative to fully understand the client’s needs as well as having the ability to guide the client and recommend or anticipate the client’s needs to ensure a successful event.
- Quote Room Rates, Room Rental and F&B prices to potential clients and negotiate Room Rates, F&B minimums and Rental fees with clients during inquiry process
- Provide tours of guest rooms and event space
- Prepare proposals and contracts utilizing the templates of SB Yen Management outlining the needs of each individual client within 24 hours
- Prepare group resumes for General Manager and staff
- Meet and greet clients on event dates and supervise as needed to oversee successful execution of the event
- Ensure prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts, responsible for proper maintenance of accounts
- Identify and analyze competition, both locally and regionally. Keep updated on current sales trends within the market
- Assist in development and maintaining marketing plan and sales budget in conjunction with General Manager and Corporate Sales Team
- Share ideas designed to develop new business strategies with team
- Maintain all sales records and reports, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated, and mailing lists
- Maintain active involvement in the surrounding community (i.e, Chamber of Commerce, etc). Attendance of events based on approval of General Manager or Corporate Sales Team
- Research and discuss complaints regarding service or accommodations with appropriate manager and report to General Manager
- Responsible for all areas surrounding group blocks and events, including billing, guest issues, etc.
- Attend all required meetings within the hotel
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two to three years of sales experience required; hospitality sales preferred. Excellent leadership skills. Ability to be innovative and self-motivated. Must be able to work independently and have the drive to succeed.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintaining instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Property System Software; and Sales Software.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays. Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record and use of a vehicle which is insured and maintained in good condition. Some travel may be required.
Job Status: Full Time