Provides fast and courteous service to hotel guests at breakfast, following Best Western brand and hotel’s standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Sets up the buffet before guests begin arriving for breakfast. Displays the food and beverages in an organized and attractive manner.
- Cleans area around buffet by wiping, sweeping and/or mopping.
- Frequently checks buffet line for low food supply. Efficiently replenishes buffet with food, beverages, and/or supplies as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of buffet area throughout the morning by reorganizing and tidying food area as necessary.
- Cooks scrambled eggs in microwave and warms up pre-cooked sausage for buffet service.
- Properly disposes of used plates, utensils, napkins and/or cups as necessary.
- Removes and disposes of leftover food at end of breakfast shift. Cleans buffet area according to established hotel & Health Department standards. Ensures inventory is stocked and properly stored prior to the next day’s shift.
- May keep daily or weekly records of foods used and consumed.
- May be responsible for keeping inventory stocked by ordering additional food and/or supplies as needed.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Other job duties as assigned by Management
- Is On-Time and has reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work early mornings, starting at 6:00 am or later
- Ability to lift or carry 10-20 lbs occasionally
- Ability to work 10-40 hours per week, depending upon season (June – July or other seasonal times may be up to 40 hours per week, but most of year will be 10-20 hours per week & on a weekend basis as well as a weekday ON-CALL basis – varies depending upon occupancy)
- Must have or ability to get a Washington State Health Workers’ Permit
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK MOST/ALL WEEKENDS due to leisure work market
Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old
Pay: $13.69 to $14.25/hour
Job Status: Part Time