JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directs and implements maintenance programs aimed at maintaining a zero-defect environment for guests. Inspects, maintains, and repairs all mechanical, electrical, and other equipment used by the guests or affecting the quality of their experience while visiting the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a safe and attractive environment for guests and associates by ensuring the hotel is maintained in accordance with safety standards
- Complete hotel room and building repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, and painting; performs repairs on toilets, sinks, laundry facilities, kitchen and other hotel property
- Develop plans for completing routine and preventative maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the hotel, grounds, pool and exercise room
- Maintain effective communication and teamwork
- Prepare engineering budget; Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action when necessary
- Ensure hotel adheres to all regulatory and safety standards by meeting with government and insurance inspectors and taking correction action as needed
- Maintain inventory for daily repairs
- Keep all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints up to date
- Ensure Engineer Department is in compliance with federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of three years of hotel or apartment experience. HVAC and pool certification preferred. Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing maintenance. Experience with general maintenance tools. Troubleshooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, and carpentry. Within one year of hire, must obtain pool sanitation, HVAC, and EPA certifications.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; and Internet software.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures and toxic cleaning chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward. The employee is required to use close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Job Status: Full Time