Director of Sales
Job Title: Director of Sales
Job Summary: Generates top line revenue through outside direct sales and by identifying, developing,
and maintaining property sales and marketing objectives. Responsible for maximizing the occupancy
and the average daily rate of the hotel.
· Assists in the development of the Marketing Plan and Key Account Action Plans.
· Cultivates lead sources through direct sales calls/appointments, cold calls, telemarketing, etc.
· Establishes and maintains close contact with assigned accounts and target accounts.
· Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in
order to service the client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable
· Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication, professional, courteous
and ethical interpersonal interactions. Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective
trace system, including dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in
superior account services and increased revenues.
· Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies marketplace and territory in
order to effectively capitalize on the hotel’s strengths and competitor’s weaknesses and
· Controls departmental expenses on the property’s behalf in order to minimize hotel costs.
· Maintains active involvement in assigned community and industry organizations.
· Assists in ensuring that customers are 100% satisfied with their hotel experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of five years of hospitality sales experience.
· Excellent leadership skills and strong revenue management skills. Must be innovative and self motivated.
· Must be able to work independently and have the drive to succeed.
· Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
· Must maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
· Must have a current driver’s license and use of a vehicle which is insured and maintained in
· Available to travel in and out of state.
Job Status: Full Time