Director of Sales
The Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn is for qualified candidates supporting a 24/7/365 hotel operation. We are community-oriented and believe that the success of our community in Thousand Oaks and the Conejo Valley will lead to success for us, local businesses, and all our neighbors. Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring family (our "Ohana") at the Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends to the Conejo Valley.
The ideal candidate is a person, who loves to meet new people and build relationships throughout our community. We support our staff whether it is with us or elsewhere. A strong employee will have our full support to grow with us or beyond. You will stay (or leave) with interpersonal skills that will help you achieve success in life, at home, and in your career.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com or stop by the Front Desk and request a job application.
Address: 75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Our DIRECTOR OF SALES plans, directs, and controls the sales efforts of the company, and supports sales and profit goals by performing the following duties.
1. Generates top line revenue for the hotel by developing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.*
2. Assists General Manager with annual business plan.*
3. Assists General Manager as requested.*
4. Services existing key accounts with follow-up calls and file maintenance.*
5. Promotes and represents the hotel through personal involvement in community and professional organizations.*
6. Represents Sales Department in staff meetings in order to communicate group/client needs.*
7. Presents management with a forecast of future business activities for the hotel.*
8. Writes and oversees rate proposals and agreements.*
9. Supervises maintenance of all sales activities.*
10. Develops marketing needs for the hotel, including advertising and promotions.*
11. Develops annual sales goals and projections for each major product line.*
12. Participates in the new product development process to provide insight from the sales standpoint into product design and pricing.*
13. Establishes discounting strategies and guidelines for selling to distributors, wholesalers, retailers, and end customers.*
14. Directs and administers field promotions to promote sales and maintain favorable relations with customers.*
15. Establishes and maintains policies regarding customer entertainment and customer relations.*
16. Reviews major complaints received from customers and recommends corrective action to the applicable business unit and function.*
17. Evaluates and reviews customer requests for product modifications in conjunction with existing suppliers.*
18. Establishes and maintains a mechanism to collect, analyze, and report competitive information to each business unit.*
19. Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination, and review of all personnel.*
20. Develops and maintains a program for sound employee relations with marketing and sales personnel at all levels of the organization.*
21. Provides guidance and direction to the marketing and sales management to assist in their professional development.*
22. Oversees and directs activities of the field sales force.*
23. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or a minimum of two years sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous hotel, marketing, public relations, and advertising experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Sales technique
• Leadership skills
• Aggressive, outgoing personality
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure
• Ability to work alone
• Ability to work as a team member
• Understands the role of marketing and advertising in sales
• Understands hotel market segments
• Ability to service and manage customer accounts
• Ability to set goals and achieve them
If you love connecting with the community, this position not only requires your involvement in community service and professional organizations but will also financially support any time or financial requirements, as well as, sponsor community events and programs that you are involved or have a passion.
Pay: $65,000 to $75,000/year
medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending, and travel discounts
Job Status: Full Time