Evening Front Office & Night Audit
The Thousand Oaks Inn, a Best Western Plus hotel, is looking for qualified candidates for over night shifts, in the Hotel Front Office. We are community-oriented and believe that the success of our community in Thousand Oaks and the Conejo Valley will lead to success for us, local businesses, and all our neighbors. Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring family (our "Ohana") at the Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends to the Conejo Valley, because we take care of family, wherever we find them.
Come in and join our friendly, accommodating and caring staff at the Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn and welcome our guests as our friends to the Conejo Valley, our Night Audit Guest Services Agent!
You will be responsible for nightly operations and represent the hotel to the guests to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
This is a great position for someone looking to supplement their income in the evenings, students who are looking to earn extra money at night (With time to study at work!) while taking classes during the day or those "night owls", who like to sleep all day and work all night. Since the hours are when most guests are asleep, there will be free time to study or catch up on some reading.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Front Desk and request a job application.
Address: 75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greets and assists all guests during arrival and departure, and checks in guests during graveyard hours.
2. Provides courteous guest services by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, and complaints.
3. Balances each shift's business by examining business reports and data sheets both manually and on computer to assess accuracy and adequacy against company regulations and standards.
4. Maintains responsibility for cash drawer and counts the safe daily.
5. Balances all cash and credit transactions through the use of vouchers, voids, and receipts in order to verify expenditures and charges.
6. Provides a high level of customer service to all guests by taking reservations in person or by phone, makes copies and sends faxes as requested, and answers guest questions.
7. Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside vendors.
8. Processes all reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner by mail, telephone, fax, or in person.
9. Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling techniques.
10. Maintains information and communication sources such as room inventory, telephone information, log book, and hotel directories.
11. Operates switchboard to handle customer inquires, wakeup calls, and paging of guests.
12. Maintains order and cleanliness of front desk and back office to present a pleasant and professional image to guests.
13. Performs clerical duties, including handling incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, and bookkeeping as needed.
14. Sets up and breaks down meeting rooms as needed.
15. Sets up continental breakfast station by 6:00 am.
16. Provides assistance to other departments of the hotel to contribute to its smooth operation.
17. Reports guest concerns to management.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
This is a 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days operation and will require employees to work both week days and weekends. The hours for this position is 11:00pm to 7:00am.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending, and travel discounts
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time