Front Desk Agent
JOIN A GROWING TEAM! APPLY VIA EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Front Desk Agent
EMPLOYER: Best Western River North
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/Manager on Duty
SUMMARY: The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing the highest quality service to all hotel guests. The position will interact with guests at various touch points during their stay: check-in, check-out, and various other times. To succeed in this role, candidates should have a passion for customer service and have great communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones, take reservations, check guest in and out of the hotel.
- Ensure daily shift work is completed and assist others when necessary.
- Complete front office check list.
- Perform cashiering duties.
- Assist guests with directions, attractions, dining recommendations, and general customer service inquiries.
- When not assisting guest or performing duties assigned by the front desk, always remain in the lobby to assist with other guest needs.
- Maintain knowledge of area restaurants, streets, and attractions to effectively assist guests.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel amenities such as pool, restaurant, and in-room items. Explain all these features to guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Customer service experience highly preferred
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time