Front Office Clerk
A Front Office Clerk represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department. Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation procedures.
- Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, and special requests.
- Coordinate guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Use persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Know daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manage and resolve guest concerns in a professional and courteous manner.
- Process guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintain customers’ privacy.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have and share of surrounding areas and local events.
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time