Job posting for General Manager
We are looking for an ambitious General Manager to lead our award-winning team through maintaining established cost and quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees all the while, exceeding guest expectations and connecting to the community.
About our hotel
Located in Chemainus, BC, a quaint and eclectic Vancouver Island town, the Best Western Plus Chemainus Inn is just one hour north of Victoria, 35 minutes south of Nanaimo, 10 minutes from Duncan-North Cowichan and only 10 minutes from Ladysmith. Our location offers something for everyone, both business and leisure travelers alike.
Experience the area's rich arts and cultural scene, especially the more than 40 world-famous outdoor wall murals and year-round live performances at the Chemainus Theatre Festival, just minutes away. Take in a scenic round of golf at the Mount Brenton Golf Course or enjoy local wine at one of many nearby vineyards. Outdoor recreation opportunities, from whale watching to hiking to biking, are also conveniently located near this Chemainus hotel.
Those traveling on business will appreciate this Chemainus hotel's on-site business services and meeting facilities accommodating up to 20 guests, in addition to a close proximity to local businesses - like Catalyst Paper Mill, BC Hydro, Western Stevedoring, KPMG, Shell Canada and British Columbia federal government offices. We are also a short drive away from businesses in Duncan and Nanaimo.
General Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- The General Manager will provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, provincial and local ordinances with regard to personnel, public health, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction and the right public image.
- The General Manager will develop annual budget and capital expenditure plans balancing cost with guest satisfaction and profitability.
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis operational results/reports to managing directors.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse work place.
- Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
- The General Manager will become involved in community and/or government affairs.
- Manages sales and all sources of revenue
- Maximize room revenues by utilizing yield management techniques and third-party online travel agents.
- Develops, pursues and follows leads of business coming to the area and drives business into the property.
- Plans and oversees the marketing strategies for the hotel including but not limited to; engaging internal and external stakeholders and building relationships to drive business.
- Creates and maintains social media experience, including response customer online reviews.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
General Manager Education and/or Experience
- Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree preferred.
- 5 + years management experience preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference given to those with franchise experience
General Manager Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high energy and demanding work environment.
- Strong sales experience with proven ability to plan, develop and execute sales strategies with sales team to improve market penetration.
- Strong marketing experience with proven ability to plan, develop and execute marketing strategies.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Proven excellent overall leadership, supervisory and management skills.
- Possess strong working knowledge of P&L statement.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Excellent guest relation skills.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
- Trained in the use of various hotel software and PMS as well 3rd Party software systems
- Strong Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook skills.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written using tact and diplomacy.
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: $60,000 to $70,000/year
Based on experience
Job Status: Full Time