Guest Service Representative
Join our Team! Locally owned and operated, our mission is to provide a superior experience for our guests while being good corporate citizens. We will accomplish this together by treating our Team Members like family and operating our business by our company's culture values. We take pride in promoting from within and promise to be a part of your personal development whether you are career focused in our industry or pursuing other goals. We believe in giving where we get and invest in our community that provides us so much in return!
The Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel is seeking a qualified individual to fulfill the position of Guest Service Representative at the Front Desk.
The purpose of this position is to provide outstanding and personalized guest service as a single point of contact for information and assistance, both on property and via the telephone. To serve as a front-line guest contact for questions, concerns, and overall guest comfort and satisfaction.
Apply in person at the hotel: Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel, 1 North Main St., Oshkosh, or...
Contact Human Resources at 920-230-6293, or...
Apply online at https://premierbestwesternwaterfronthotel.easyapply.co/
$150 Bonus after 90 days!
This list of duties is not all-inclusive but rather a general guideline. Other duties may be assigned.
- - Provide immediate greeting and quality service to all guests
- - Carry-out front desk responsibilities and clerical duties. This includes checking guests in and out, balancing reports, cash and credit cards, taking and processing reservations, operating the PMS and switchboard. Taking reservations and inquiries including providing detailed information on the hotel accommodations, services, and amenities. Responding to questions regarding the hotel, downtown Neenah, surrounding communities, events, attractions, and businesses.
- - Provide a concierge level of guest assistance with questions, recommendations, dining reservations, event and service reservations. Full fill special requests in person or with the assistance of other staff members.
- - Record personal information and guest preferences as appropriate to insure personalized service for returning guests.
- - Solve and resolve concerns or complaints to the guest satisfaction upon initial contact whenever possible and always in a timely fashion.
- - Demonstrate professional and effective communication skills and basic math aptitude.
- - Records information in logbooks and shift reports, promptly reports all occurrences of a nature that could result in potential loss, damage, injury or other liability to individuals or company property.
- - Ensure room status is up-to-date and notifies maintenance of room repairs immediately.
- - Maintain a neat and clean appearance behind the front desk, invisible areas of the back office and in the lobby area.
- - Represent company in a friendly and professional manner. - Understand how to operate all hotel and room / suites equipment and amenities and be able to assist guest in such operation.
- - Responsible for proper key, room, and property security procedures. Perform all other related duties assigned.
Perks & Benefits:
- Hotel Discounts: Receive discounts at the Best Western Premier Bridgewood Resort Hotel, Copperleaf Boutique Hotel- Appleton, or at any Best Western International property.
- Ground Round Discounts: (Neenah or Oshkosh)- 50% on duty, 25% off duty, up to 3 other guests
- Holiday Pay: Time and a half pay on New Year's Eve, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- Complimentary access to hotel Pool and Fitness Center
- Aflac Offered Vacation Pay Offered (After 1 year)
- 401K Available (Full Time Only) Health Insurance Plans (Full Time Only)
Best Western Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.50 - $13.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insuranc
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 920-230-1900
- In person: One North Main St., Oshkosh
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
- Day shifts start at 7 a.m., evening shifts at 3 p.m.
Typical end time:
- Day shifts end at 3 p.m., evening shifts end at 11 p.m.
Skills / Requirements
- - Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- - Write legibly. - Neat, well - groomed appearance.
- - Must have flexible schedule to include weekend and evenings.
- - Maintain pleasant personality and excellent service skills.
- - Must have a thorough understanding of all shift duties.
Pay: $12.50 to $13/hour
Past experience considered for wage determination.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time