Hotel Front Office Guest Services
Pay Rate: $16.00 to $18.00/hour
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending, and travel discounts
The Thousand Oaks Inn is looking for qualified candidates for the Front Office. In the mornings, we direct our guests to breakfast and thank them for their stay. In the evenings, we welcome guests to the hotel and the Conejo Valley. We believe that the success of our local community in Thousand Oaks and at CLU will lead to success for everyone in the community. We take care of family (our “Ohana”) - wherever we find them. Everyone is treated with Ohana from hotel guests to hotel staff, from neighbors to competitors, from children to seniors, from Thousand Oaks to the World. Come in and join our family at the Thousand Oaks Inn, as an ambassador to welcome our Ohana to the Conejo Valley.
This is a great position for someone who loves to welcome and meet people from all over the country and World, visiting us here in the Conejo Valley. We support our staff whether it is with us or elsewhere. A strong employee will have our full support to grow with us or beyond. You will stay (or leave) with interpersonal skills that will help you achieve success in life, at home, and in your career.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Front Desk and request a job application.
Address: 75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
FRONT DESK AGENT is responsible for daily operations and customer satisfaction of the front desk by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Takes reservations in person or by telephone.
2. Checks guests in and out.
3. Checks desk folios during each shift for unposted phone calls, and transfers to appropriate room account.
4. Responsible for mandatory bucket check for each shift.
5. Files registration cards daily.
6. Counts and balances safe and cash drawer daily.
7. Responsible for daily movie inventory.
8. Checks high balance reports and notifies guests who are at floor limit.
9. Runs copies and faxes as required.
10. Resolves concerns and reports guest concerns to management.
11. Balances shift schedules.
12. Greets guests as they enter the hotel.
13. Answers multi-line telephone in a professional manner.
14. Transfers calls and writes messages as needed.
15. Assists guests with purchases and inquiries, including providing price and product information as requested.
16. Completes guest invoices in an accurate manner.
17. Processes guest payments, including receiving payments, managing cash drawer, operating charge machines, and returning appropriate change.
18. Ensures guest orders are filed in a timely manner.
19. Performs other duties as directed by Front Desk Manager or General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Ability to maintain composure under pressure
Ability to work alone
Ability to work as a team member
Ability to work varied hours
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to take direction
Ability to make decisions
Excellent telephone skills
Ability to work under stress
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending, and travel discounts
Job Status: Full Time