Hotel Night Auditor
Audits, balances, and reports on the various areas of the hotel (primarily Room Division, Restaurant if applicable) to provide accurate and timely financial information on the hotel’s operational performance for the day. Oversees the Front Office/Front Desk operations Hotel during the overnight shift.
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day.
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts. Processes guest charge vouchers and credit card vouchers.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Summarizes results of operations and prepares reports for management.
- Performs duties of the Front Desk Agent – Checking Guests in & out & knowing hotel policies.
- Can perform light housekeeping duties if necessary for guests during the nighttime.
- Gets breakfast service ready for the morning shift (cooking sausage in convection oven/making microwave eggs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Is reliable and shows up for shifts.
- Previous Front Desk &/or Accounting background preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Present a professional image, and able to communicate well with both guests and employees. • Ability to operate front office equipment and computers.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Ability to lift, bend, carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays & festival times
Job Status: Part Time