Hotel Room Attendant / Housekeeper
Why join our team?
We are seeking housekeepers to join our team and provide excellent customer service to our hotel guests. Housekeeping responsibilities include, making beds, changing towels, cleaning bathrooms and cleaning different areas of the hotel. You will address clients queries and make sure our rooms are fully stocked, clean and inviting at all times. Overall, you will ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience for our guests during their stay.
Our job opportunity:
- Position: Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Hotel name: Hartford Hotel BW Signature Collection
- Address: 8832 Glendon Way, Rosemead, CA 91770
- Hours: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
What you get to do in this role:
Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
- Maintains the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests and associates.
- Sets up cleaning cart with supplies. Maintains carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Washes shower walls, cleans toilets and stall walls. Cleans mirrors, sinks, and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, refill liquid dispensers and all room amenities to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Cleans all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures, and wall hangings.
- Strips bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies (e.g., hangers, extra blankets, extra pillows).
- Vacuums rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Inspects door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Checks lights and remotes to ensure all are in working order.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What candidate traits are needed to be successful in this role?
- Basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products, and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, bending, and stooping to perform cleaning tasks.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and associates.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our hotel maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.
To apply, email your resume to: email@example.com
Pay: $15 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Contract/Temporary,On Call
Job Reference #: hk202206