- Supervises housekeeping operations.
- Assists the Housekeeping Manager in all hotel operations.
- Maintains/supervises all housekeeping, guestrooms, bathrooms, public areas, and other assigned areas.
- Ensures a positive experience by all guests.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume position of Housekeeping Manager in supervisor’s absence.
- Monitor daily, monthly, and quarterly housekeeping responsibilities.
- Assist in staffing, scheduling and training the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
- Monitor and coordinate with the front desk on guest and room status.
- Participate in on-going property inspections to ensure cleanliness, safety, and other standards.
- Monitor inventory and fill out Purchase Orders if necessary.
- Perform cleaning duties for all areas of the property.
- Greet, thank, and provide the best possible service at all times to all guests. Greeting guest is required of all employees who are within a 10-foot radius of guest.
- Communicate information about the geographic area and more specifically the local area.
- Assist maintenance in proper emergency procedures.
- Be aware of and practice safety procedure.
- Monitor and report any hazards of deficiencies in the workplace to supervisor of General Manager.
- Practice guest and employee confidentiality.
- Communicate with other departments in room status for cleaning or maintenance purposes.
- Handle guest complaints in professional manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Important Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Supervisory skills-planning, directing, reviewing, monitoring, assisting, evaluating tasks, situations, and performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to collaborate with all guest, employees, and departments.
- Exhibits motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic, leadership characteristics and capabilities; is able to make decisions benefiting the property, employees, and guest.
- Must be customer-oriented and sales-minded to uphold the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Must display confidentiality in all aspects; employee relations, guest relations and safety.
- Capable of conflict resolution and problem solving; good negotiation skills.
- Competent use of: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, intercoms, pagers, adding machines, carpet cleaners, vacuum cleaners, washers, dryers, cleaning supplies, protective gear, and telephone systems.
- Keeping written records, reading, and interpreting policies.
- Knowledge and ability to accurately and competently serve guests coordinate activities, and maintain assigned business operations.
Physical Requirements/ Work Conditions:
- Work is indoors/outdoors, requires standing, kneeling, reaching, and light carrying; essential functions of this job include but are not limited to: ability to climb ladders to reach high objects, lift objects up to 40 pounds in weight-such as bed mattresses during quarterly rotations, ability to carry items up and down stairways, ability to stoop, bend, and stand for long on intermittent periods of time. Manual dexterity requirements include grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions; speaking and customer services skills are required to work in other departments as needed.
- Outside work may be assigned occasionally.
- Can be physically and emotionally challenging.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language of the workplace is required
Contact us at 208-587-8477, fill out our online application at https://form.jotform.com/202026080502135 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: $11 to $13/hour
Job Status: Full Time