Seeking hotel maintenance person with general skills of paint, electrical, plumbing and cleaning along with to support housekeeping and general hotel upkeep along with houseman to assist housekeeper.
- Complete projects as directed (including but not limited to: painting, drywall patching, general carpentry and general plumbing)
- Maintain, clean and check chemicals of swimming pool as directed by hotel and Health Department.
- Ensure that all hotel equipment and machinery is in excellent working condition through ongoing system checks and preventative maintenance. If not in acceptable condition, report the problem through the approved reporting system
- Follow all guidelines for Preventative Maintenance and Energy Conservation Programs
- Assure optimum performance of all hotel equipment and machinery by instituting systems, checks and procedures including but not limited to preventive maintenance strategies & tactics for equipment, machinery, furnishings and infrastructure in areas including but not limited to the parking lot, swimming pool, fitness center, dining areas, kitchen, guest rooms, guest corridors, lobby, entrances, exits, roofs, elevator equipment rooms, front-of-house and back-of-house areas.
- Assure timely and accurate hotel reporting and record keeping as required including accurate filing and upkeep of maintenance request tickets/slips and preventative maintenance records
- Review and offer solution to all maintenance tickets
- Motivate, coach and train team members regarding safety, pool chemical management, equipment operation and HVAC
- Manage the inventory, procurement and distribution process for all tools, supplies and equipment for maximum effectiveness.
- Maximize guest comfort and safety by monitoring and managing lighting, temperature, maintenance and sanitation throughout the property
- Work closely with other departments to assure team member and guest satisfaction is maintained at high levels
- Serve as project manager for hotel renovations when necessary
- Implement, manage and assure compliance with hotel key control policy and procedures
- Maintain pool by daily testing and following all guidelines outlined in the preventative maintenance policies
- Install any new equipment for the property
- Perform repairs and test equipment ranging from HVAC and refrigeration units to kitchen equipment, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheet metal, tile repair, roof repair, welding, painting, masonry and appliances in a safe and timely manner
- Promptly and properly complete all daily maintenance requests and/or log sheets in a timely manner
- Communicate with the General Manager in regards to updates on projects and challenges faced by projects when needed.
- Perform other additional and related duties as assigned by the General Manager
Please send resume to janak@BestWesternPlusGso.com or apply at Hotel Best Western Plus Greensboro, NC
Pay: $9.50 to $13.75/hour
Based on experience
Job Status: Full Time