Join a growing team! Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directs and implements maintenance programs aimed at maintaining a zero defect environment for guests. Inspects, maintains, and repairs all mechanical, electrical, and other equipment used by the guests or affecting the quality of their experience while visiting the property.
• Creates a safe and attractive environment for guests and associates by ensuring the hotel is maintained in accordance with safety standards.
• Completes hotel room and building repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, and painting. Performs repairs on toilets, sinks, laundry facilities, kitchen and other hotel property.
• Develops plans for completing routine and preventative maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers. • Maintains safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the hotel, grounds, pool and exercise room.
• Prepares engineering budget. Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action when necessary.
• Ensures hotel adheres to all regulatory and safety standards by meeting with government and insurance inspectors and taking correction action as needed.
• Keeps all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints up to date.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of three years of hotel or apartment experience.
• HVAC certification preferred.
• Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing maintenance.
• Experience with general maintenance tools.
• Troubleshooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, and carpentry.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward.
• Ability to tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests and coworkers.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Pay: $11 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time