Part Time Night Auditor
Two Night Audit Shifts
Night Audit Shifts; Audits, balances, and reports on the various areas of the hotel (e.g., food and beverage, rooms, front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate and timely financial information on the hotel’s operational performance for the day. Oversees front office/front desk operations during the overnight shift.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same-day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping
- of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front-office operating statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day.
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts. Processes guest charge vouchers and credit card vouchers.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Summarizes results of operations and prepares reports for management.
- Maintains customers’ privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MUST HAVE previous hotel experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Accounting background preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Present a professional image, and able to communicate well with both guests and employees.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures. Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of PMS- CloudPM by Jonas Chorum a plus.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to understand the principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Job Status: Part Time