Part Time Overnight Front Desk/Night Auditor- Could expand to more shifts during day if interested
Come join our fun team at the award winning Best Western Plus Bellingham! We are looking for a part time overnight front desk agent/night auditor.
To apply visit: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=69386&clientkey=D92EEA73E92239163EB629735C5660FA
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for nightly balancing hotel charges and expenses for the hotel operation. While maintaining a professional image he/she will be required to identify, show sensitivity and respond to all guests needs safely and promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and checks them into hotel following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered into computer.
- Provides superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the company’s etiquette guidelines as mandated in the employee handbook.
- Audits and balances room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier reports, guest and house accounts, telephone revenue and online reservations.
- Completes and transmits daily management/accounting reports and support documentation. Transmittal of credit card batches.
- Acts as hotel system/operation and emergency liaison during night hours and perform all guest service functions.
- Runs various computer reports at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Takes payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at the end of each shift.
- Answers a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine problems - referring more unusual or difficult problems or complaints to supervisor or other appropriate staff members.
- Maintains knowledge of daily activities in and around the hotel/ resort area.
- Handles emergencies that arise when on duty alone, notifying appropriate personnel.
- Assists in general maintenance and inventory of Front Office equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Prior experience in hospitality industry or equivalent preferred.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or related experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Basic typing skills with computer data entry experience.
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different types of people.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with customers and other personnel.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the company’s lodging and recreational facilities, as well as general information about the area.
• Proficient on Microsoft Excel
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Bilingual skills a plus.
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Strategic Thinking--Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally work around toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
Pay: $17.50 to $18.50/hour
Job Status: Part Time