Accepting Applications for GM of award winning Best Western in NE Minnesota. Seeking applicants with hands-on leadership style, requires willingness to help the team in any department, as needed, to respond to operational needs and to ensure legendary service is delivered.
This 24/7 seasonal resort destination hotel requires management willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings as needed, to ensure operational needs are met.
Job Summary: Oversees all aspects of the hotel operations, including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team-building, and staff development. Responsible for all phases of hotel management, including revenue management, sales and marketing, human resources, training, food and beverage, and budgeting/forecasting. Empowers team members to provide superior customer care to guests, associates, and other visitors.
Job Duties Include Such things as, but not limited to:
* Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals.
* Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
* Implements, and manages the hotel's annual budget and long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
* Creates new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
* Protects the hotel's financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees and their belongings.
* Prepares monthly reports for owners.
* Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff. Coordinates internal training and development programs.
* Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
* Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of five years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
* Strong leadership and a professional image.
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
* Knowledge and aptitude for use of a variety of computer software applications.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
* Ability to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time, to climb stairs, and to lift up to 40 lbs.
Please apply online at www.hhlodging.com.
Job Status: Full Time